Thursday, December 18, 2014

Easiest Wrist Warmers EVER



For real, guys. This is a great pattern for beginners. 
It's quick and easy, and these wrist-warmers make
 AWESOME last-minute gifts. 




I made up this pattern on the fly. I thought about doing a central thumb gusset
and setting the seam for the outside of the warmers,
but I didn't want to disrupt the gorgeous striping that this yarn 
was up to. I'm fo realz in love. 



This pattern is supposed to be basic enough that you can customize
it however you want. 
Wanna make a thumb? Go for it.
Fingers? Knock yourself out.
Convertible mitten top? You're the boss.

Have fun with the pattern. Go crazy! YOLO!

Needles: US Size 7 (4.5mm)
Yarn: Pattons Classic Wool (Kimono)
Guage: 26 Stitches x 22 Rows 
in (unstretched) K2P2 rib=4"x4"


Cast on 40 st Loosely
(I'm a fan of cable cast on method)
Row 1: K2, P2 to end of work, Turn
Row 2: K2, P2, to end of work, Turn
Repeat until work measures 7 inches. 
Bind off.

Make a 4.5" seam from the bottom. Leave 1.5 inches open (this is the thumb hole)
Seam last inch. 



You're done! I told you it was easy!



No comments:

Post a Comment